The Framed Picture Company aims to provide a large selection of fine art prints and photos. We want everyone to be comfortable with the content and images that we deliver. Art and fine art should be fun, without crossing any lines of decency or legality. What you see on our site is what can be viewed on most common sites and portals as well as on TV, magazines and movies. We strive to not cross any legal lines with our material and will never carry images considered X-rated. Please remember that art is a very subjective topic and what is deemed acceptable to one audience, may not be acceptable to another. The following describes our specific policies regarding certain types of images that we prohibit:
1. Pornography: The Framed Picture Company strives not to carry art that involves erotica or adult content that crosses the line from art into pornography. As an art site striving to offer all varieties and types of art, nude figures, embraces and affectionate activity are often the subject for artist portrayal. Most of our most popular and distinguished artists have some adult material in their galleries, including Picasso, Matisse, DaVinci, Klimt, and Dali. We do carry some nude figures, photos, and some mild sexual images in prints and fine art. We also have celebrities who have voluntarily licensed their images for popular consumption. What you will NOT see is X-rated or hard-core images, sexual images involving children, anything that depicts graphic sexual acts; amateur porn; soiled undergarments, sexual aid devices or any paraphernalia involved with this type of activity.
2. Violence: Some images on The Framed Picture Company web site may depict violence; however we avoid images that we believe contain overt or gratuitous violence.
3. Hate and Social Intolerance: The Framed Picture Company will not carry art that it believes contains hate, racial intolerance, or advocates violence or ridicule against any individual, group, or organization.
4. Offensive materials: What The Framed Picture Company deems offensive is probably about what you would expect. This includes items such as crime-scene photos or human organs and body parts. The Framed Picture Company reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of images posted to our site. Please be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some images may be acceptable in one culture, but unacceptable in another.
5. Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia: The Framed Picture Company will not sell any prints that it believes display illegal drugs or the paraphernalia used for them.
6. Language: The Framed Picture Company will not carry art that it believes uses excessive profanity, sexually explicit language, or remarks that disparage or ridicule other people.
7. Licensing: The Framed Picture Company honours the intellectual property rights of others. We will not intentionally sell unlicensed prints or photos. The Framed Picture Company does not reproduce or manufacture any products that it offers on its site, but rather purchases product from various suppliers that claim to have sufficient rights to sell their products to The Framed Picture Company for display on our site and sale to our customers.